Dr. Adam Troy is the president and founder of the Behavioral Research Group, LLC, which specializes in helping individuals and businesses better understand human behavior by applying proprietary techniques to evaluate and classify observable behavior and provide comprehensive measurement and reporting. Dr. Troy’s research has been published in peer-reviewed academic journals, including Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin and Psychological Reports. One of his publications, in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, has been listed monthly among the top 50 most frequently read articles in the journal since 2006.
Dr. Troy holds M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in psychology from the University of Miami. He is a member of the American Psychological Association, and is certified in FACS (Facial Action Coding System) methodology, a widely used method for measuring facial behaviors developed by Drs. Paul Ekman, Wallace V. Friesen, and Joseph C. Hager.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Interpersonal Processes
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Organizational Behavior
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Research Methods, Assessment
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Tomassi, P., & Troy, A. B. (November, 2007). Introducing: Customized social networking systems. Recruitment and Retention in Higher Education, 21, 4.
- Troy, A. B., & Lewis-Smith, J. (2006). Preliminary findings on a brief self-disclosure intervention with young adult dating couples. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, 5, 57-69.
- Troy, A. B., Lewis-Smith, J., & Laurenceau, J-P. (2006). Interracial and intraracial romantic relationships: The search for differences in satisfaction, conflict, and attachment style. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 23, 65-80.
- Laurenceau, J-P., Troy, A. B., & Carver, C. S. (2005). Two distinct emotional experiences in romantic relationships: Effects of perceptions regarding approach of intimacy and avoidance of conflict. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 31, 1123-1133.
- Troy, A. B. (2005). Romantic passion as output from a self-regulating, intimacy-seeking system: A model for understanding passionate love. Psychological Reports, 96, 655-675.
- Troy, A. B. (2000). Determining the factors of intimate relationship satisfaction: Interpersonal communication, sexual communication, and communication affect. Colgate Journal of the Sciences, 32, 221-230.
- Troy, A. B., & Laurenceau, J-P. (Fall, 2003). Electronic daily diary methodology: Uses, advantages, and limitations for relationship research. Couples Research and Therapy Newsletter, 9, 3-7.
- Troy, A. B., & Laurenceau, J-P. (Fall, 2002). Book Review: Couples in conflict. Couples Research and Therapy Newsletter, 8, 11-12.
- Troy, A. B., Aslanian, C. B., & Jeffe, S. (2011). The EducationDynamics eLearning Index: Prospective student demand for online degrees (2011-2012 Edition). Hoboken: EducationDynamics, LLC.
- Aslanian, C. B., Troy, A. B., Jeffe, S., & Chrisanti, S. (2010). The EducationDynamics eLearning Index: Prospective student demand for online degrees (2010 Edition). Hoboken: EducationDynamics, LLC.
- Troy, A. B., Jones, J. B., Lynch, K. B., & Tomassi, P. (2009). University purpose networks: Online communities for student retention and success. EducationDynamics White Paper Series. EducationDynamics, LLC.
- Troy, A. B., Mathew, J., & Tomassi, P. (2009). Keeping the faith: An insider’s perspective of enrollment and retention strategies that drive results at faith-based institutions. EducationDynamics White Paper Series. EducationDynamics, LLC.
- Troy, A. B., & Chrisanti, S. (2009). The current state of student demand for online degrees (2008 Edition). Hoboken: EducationDynamics, LLC.
- Lewis-Smith, J., & Troy, A. B. (2005). The psychological benefits of exercise. ibeyond Magazine, March/April, 38-39.
- Troy, A. B., & Lewis-Smith, J. (2005). Quit smoking: Top four psychological strategies. ibeyond Magazine, May/June, 38-39.
- Lewis-Smith, J., & Troy, A. B. (2005). Keeping your New Year's resolutions. ibeyond Magazine, January/February, 38-39.
- Lewis-Smith, J., & Troy, A. B. (2004). The top 10 methods for improving your sleep habits. ibeyond Magazine, October/November, 35-37.
Adam B. Troy
Behavioral Research Group, LLC
48 Bi-State Plaza, #184
Old Tappan, NJ 07675-7079
- Phone: (201) 305-3330